Our Wire and Cable Products Group serves the commercial, industrial and residential markets with one of the region’s largest inventories of wire, cable and conduit systems. With products ranging from basic building wire to sophisticated data comm products, we satisfy most project requirements directly from stock. Knowledgeable in both traditional cabling and high-tech data communication systems, our team of product specialists, including a “Registered Communications Distribution Designer,” work closely with customers to specify and deliver the right products for a project. Our experience includes building retrofits, installation upgrades and new construction for refineries, industrial plants, commercial buildings and residential homes. To reduce product costs, we cut cable lengths to customer’s specifications, stage orders and offer paralleling services. Value-added services like next-day delivery, training, Saturday morning counter hours and 24-hour emergency service enhance our customers’ convenience and profitability.
Region’s Largest Inventory
With an inventory from the industry’s top manufacturers, we satisfy most wire and cable requirements from one of the region’s largest stock inventories. Products range from insulated wire as thin as a human hair to cables measuring 6” in diameter. Customers can choose from:
- Basic Building Wire & Bare Cable
- Electronic Cable
- Medium Voltage Power Cable
- Portable Power Cable
- Telecommunications Cable
- Control and Instrumentation Cable
- Fiber Optic, Paired Conductor, Coax Cable
- High Temperature Cable
- Cold and Heat Shrinkable Terminations
- Conduit Systems: raceway or piping
- Cable Tray Systems
Custom Cable Constructions
In addition to cutting cables to varying lengths, we custom stripe and twist wire to customer specifications. Cables are also available for use in a variety of applications, including:
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Direct Burial/Aerial Applications
- Primary Distribution
- Industrial Power
Complete Technical Support
Devoted exclusively to the wire and cable business, our team of product specialists offers comprehensive technical support on every wire and cable project.
- Design/Build: We review plans and interpret specifications to recommend the right materials for the project.
- Quotation: By keeping current with industry trends and market prices, our product specialists insure competitive pricing for wire and cable from our vendors.
- Procurement: With over 50 years of wire and cable experience, we know what products work best together and select the optimum grouping for an application.
- Training: Hands-on product and application training is available either at our high tech Training Center or at your site.
- Start-up: Visiting a customer’s site, our specialists assist in the proper implementation of your electrical installation.
- Troubleshooting: In addition to answering product questions, we offer 24-hour emergency service with around-the-clock technical support and access to inventory.
Rush jobs, special orders, same-day pickup – we handle them all. United Electric meets your specific delivery timetables by offering a variety of delivery programs. Most orders are typically expedited the same day.
- Just-In-Time Delivery
- Next Day Delivery
- Pack and Hold Orders
- Emergency Same-Day Replacement Parts
- On-Line Ordering
Each of our locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Northern Virginia are conveniently located and offer self-selection counters, early morning and Saturday hours.
United Electric is the Quality Source for all your electrical needs.